Then we hit the road and came back into the heart of the Rockies as we crossed into Colorado. We couldn't avoid Interstate 25 for a short while, but mostly took 2 lane winding state highways.
We found out that if you sleep at 8,100 feet, you might just wake up to frost on your pillow. It was very cold, but the stars were very beautiful. The first thing that we saw was Jupiter. That is something of a surprise, because usually the first thing you see is Venus. Then the stars started to pop out, and the first satellite we saw was something along the lines of OAO 356. Apparently it is a military spacecraft that is used for detecting enemy aircraft and ships. Dad owed me a candy bar, because I pointed out the first bat. I chose a nice king sized Butterfingers that I'm saving for later.
And a few more photos from camp Wednesday evening:
And a few more photos from camp Wednesday evening:
Soaking up the hot breeze in cool Lost Creek
Lost Creek Panorama
Getting a little practice in before dinner
Camp nachos, and an ice-cold grape Fanta that I surprised Finn with...
No comments:
Post a Comment