I honestly can't believe it's been 20 years. I'd say it was the best decision I ever made, but I honestly never really even thought about it -- there was no deciding... I honestly knew October was 'the one' the first time I saw her - a full year or so before we started dating. October was then and still is the best person I've ever met, and I'm so lucky she chose me. Every adventure since then - three truly great kids, living in the desert of the west slopes of Colorado to the coastal rainforest of Southeast Alaska and back to the northern Rockies, all while keeping strong ties to roots in New England, all of it flowed from that promise 20 years ago. She's taught me to go to kindness as a default, to try to be slow to anger and quick to help, and to pour ourselves into our family and friendships. Feels like we're just getting started. Bring on the next 20.
August 10, 2018
20 Years, Baby!
We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on August 1 by returning to the scene of the audacious commitment... We rented a cabin near Seeley Lake for a few days and just kicked back. I got in touch with the the current owner of the place where we got married, who was kind enough to let us come and tromp around the meadow where the deal went down 20 years earlier to the day. We rounded out the trip with a hike to Holland Falls, swimming in Holland Lake, and cheesecake, card games, and crawdad catching at the cabin on the Clearwater River.
I honestly can't believe it's been 20 years. I'd say it was the best decision I ever made, but I honestly never really even thought about it -- there was no deciding... I honestly knew October was 'the one' the first time I saw her - a full year or so before we started dating. October was then and still is the best person I've ever met, and I'm so lucky she chose me. Every adventure since then - three truly great kids, living in the desert of the west slopes of Colorado to the coastal rainforest of Southeast Alaska and back to the northern Rockies, all while keeping strong ties to roots in New England, all of it flowed from that promise 20 years ago. She's taught me to go to kindness as a default, to try to be slow to anger and quick to help, and to pour ourselves into our family and friendships. Feels like we're just getting started. Bring on the next 20.
I honestly can't believe it's been 20 years. I'd say it was the best decision I ever made, but I honestly never really even thought about it -- there was no deciding... I honestly knew October was 'the one' the first time I saw her - a full year or so before we started dating. October was then and still is the best person I've ever met, and I'm so lucky she chose me. Every adventure since then - three truly great kids, living in the desert of the west slopes of Colorado to the coastal rainforest of Southeast Alaska and back to the northern Rockies, all while keeping strong ties to roots in New England, all of it flowed from that promise 20 years ago. She's taught me to go to kindness as a default, to try to be slow to anger and quick to help, and to pour ourselves into our family and friendships. Feels like we're just getting started. Bring on the next 20.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment