July 28, 2017

Finn at Archery Camp Last Weekend

Between Ennis and Big Sky, at Jack Creek Preserve

Finn and I spend last weekend at an archery/outdoor camp in the mountains north of Yellowstone.   Lots of archery instruction and shooting, some hunter education, edible and medicinal plant ID, map reading skills, fly fishing, astronomy, and more.  It was a lot of fun, and Finn turned into a pretty good shot, finishing 3rd in his intermediate level competition at the end of camp.   

He took the chance to challenge me to a shoot-off where we each had a water-filled ziploc at the end of a balance - first solid hit drained the back and dropped the other's bag to the ground.  I'm proud to say that I won one for all the old guys and dads out there... But Finn redeemed himself by out-shooting his instructor!   Way to go, Finnbar!

Thanks to Jack Creek Preserve for awarding Finn with a full scholarship to the camp!




Finn right after beating Tom, in the background


Fine sportsmanship after Merrill beat Finn in the water shoot challenge

Bluet (Damselfly)

Essex Skipper

Painted Lady Butterfly on Clover

No comments:

Post a Comment