December 6, 2015

Can't argue with that...

I spent some time on Saturday getting Christmas lights put up on and around the house. Maille had been in her room most of the morning, reading a new book that she was really excited about and couldn't tear herself away from. Something about a young girl with some kind of power in some sort of challenging situation.

It was a beautiful sunny day, so I encouraged her to come outside with me and lend a hand or just hang out with me we put lights up and listened to Christmas songs. She gave it a good honest try for a while, then started getting kind of antsy and twitchy, having been away from her book for a while. She came up to me and gently said, "Dad, I'm trying really, really hard to be a good, interactive daughter. But this just isn't working."  All I could do was smile at her and tell her to go ahead back to her book. She squealed, get a little jump, give me a big hug, and ran away…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment