Went along on a cruise yesterday... Still inside Glacier Bay National Park, but outside Glacier Bay proper. This bear was pretty far off, but we could tell it was big... just had no idea exactly how big until I zoomed in after I took the photo. Sorry they're a little blurry, but I was reaching way out there with a 400mm lens. These are zoomed in and cropped so you can get decent look at the bear.This pig probably just emerged from the den just a week, maybe two ago. The size is amazing, and that huge silver head, and the belly nearly dragging on the ground, and the haunches... just amazing. Yes, there are places in the world where creatures like this still grow and ultimately die of old age... There was another large, mature brown bear just a couple miles from this monster.
Bears are out and cruising the shorelines in full force... in just a few hours on the boat, we saw 3 black bears and these two brownies. Plus all the usual whales, otters, sea birds, sea lions, etc.
Bears are out and cruising the shorelines in full force... in just a few hours on the boat, we saw 3 black bears and these two brownies. Plus all the usual whales, otters, sea birds, sea lions, etc.


I think you found the Big mammma to all SWEDESH brown bears. Hugs from Mr Perjons
ReplyDelete